Sunday, December 14, 2008

oh the weather outside...

makes me crave soup!! This is an oldie but goodie in my family.....


Wedding Day Soup

Meatballs:
1 1/4 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/4 c. diced onion
1/8 c. parmesan
1 T. chopped fresh parsley (or the dehydrated stuff I love sooo much)
1/3 c. tomato sauce

Mix together and shape into little meatballs (use your tiny cookie or ice cream scoop to do this fast and easy) Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet for 20 - 25 minutes. You can make a huge batch of these and freeze them for this soup of spaghetti etc.

Soup:

4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. small pasta (i can't tell you what the kind I use is - the package is all in italian)
1 c. fresh spinach

Simmer the pasta in the broth 8 -10 minutes. Add spinach and meatballs. Serve with some yummy Italian crusty bread.

The pasta I use is that tiny stuff..my mama buys it at the Italian store. Just use the smallest pasta you can find!!

1 comment:

darcie said...

Is it "acine de pepe"? The stuff from frog eye salad? I'm not sure but I think it might be. You are so fancy with the all italian package of pasta! No wonder you are such a great cook! Love you!