Saturday, September 20, 2008

Halloween Chicken Chili

So, I didn't get a picture of this one, but dang it was good. My girlfriend Krista came over and I gave her a little taste and she loved it. The recipe came from a cookbook that my fabulous father ordered for my sister and I. They are quick and family friendly so I can't wait to test them out, post them and then perhaps inspire you to also get the book.

Halloween Chicken Chili

4 cans Great Northern white beans (I used half white kidney and half blackbeans---just cause i love 'em)
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves
1 T. olive oil
2 c. shredded chicken (buy the cooked one at the deli and save yourself some time and effort)
2 c. chicken broth
one 4 oz can diced green chiles
2 t. ground cumin
2 t. cayenne pepper (you may want to use alittle less if you have small kiddies)
2 t. oregano

Drain the beans. In a medium pot, cook the onion and garlic in the oil over medium heat, stirring until softened. Add the broth, beans, chicken, chiles and spices. Simmer to let heat through. Serve with french bread, corn torilla chips or Fritos. Also I added lime juice on top.

1 comment:

darcie said...

OOooo, lime juice! That's such a good idea, I can't wait until I make it again!