Sunday, March 8, 2009

What's going on

So I have been struggling with the kids complaining (and a bit of the husband too) about what I've been making for dinner.  Apparently what I feel like making is not what they feel like eating.  Ungrateful people!!!  Last week before I went shopping I made everyone, and I mean everyone including Craig, pick a meal for the week.  I've done this before, but it was sort of more like give me some ideas and maybe I'll do it in the next couple of weeks.  I have made the resolve that the 5 meals that are picked are what we are eating.  The other two days are soup and sandwich night and one day is leftover night.  It gives the kids some power, but not too much.  The one funny thing is that last night I made Craig's pick - Ainsley wasn't the happiest with it and started in on it.  I simply told her that it was Dad's meal and I only was making it.  Holy cow, it stopped her complaining right there.  Loved it.  

No comments: