Saturday, March 7, 2009

This is a favorite

This rice recipe is one of the WHOLE family's faves.  I hope that it becomes one of your family's staples too because it is so stinkin' easy.....

Herbed Rice

1 c. rice
1/2 c. green onion, sliced
2 c. undiluted chicken stock 
1/2 tsp of each of the following: thyme, ground savory, paprika
1 bay leaf
s & p to taste

Combine all ingredients together and microwave covered for about 20 minutes.  Check it and if it needs some more time, cook it a bit longer if needed.  (you also can do it in the oven at 325 for 30 to 45 minutes.

2 comments:

Louise said...

I can vouch for how easy this is and how tasty - there might be some leftovers but they get eaten quickly - often before the next meal. Oops, what does that say about us????

Unknown said...

Wow! I am trying this tonight! My family loves rice but I have been at a loss for how to make it a little different. Thanks for the recipe Carey.
http://guidetosurvivingmotherhood.blogspot.com