Sunday, June 1, 2008

As promised


So I have been trying to use up the rhubarb that I have frozen from LAST year before I have a whole wack of it coming back into the house. We do love rhubarb but it just doesn't seem right eating it in the winter....weird I know, or just some justification for still having some left!!

Rhubarb Cake

1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 egg
1 cup milk with 1 tsp of vinegar added (let stand for about 5 minutes)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c. finely cut rhubarb (more is desired)
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Cream sugar and butter together, add egg and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients (except the last sugar and cinnamon)in a separate bowl and then add alternately with the milk. Fold in the rhubarb.


Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or let cool abit and serve with whipped cream

1 comment:

Louise said...

Looks too yummy - I do love the rhubarb and I'm wishing I had a bunch in the freezer because I'm pulling mine every day to make that divine rhubarb lemonade!! I'm afraid to make the cake because I'd be the only one eating it and I would!!