Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Easiest Meal EVER!!


Last night we had chicken for dinner and this is what I made with the leftovers. It took the time of bringing a pot of water to a boil and the 9 minutes of cooking the spaghettini! Definately adding it to my regular go to meals!!
Chicken Spaghettini
1-1 lb. pkg. spaghettini (I used Catelli Smart Pasta)
leftover chicken (I had about 2-3 cups)
1/4 of a red onion, diced small
dehydrated basil (I just dumped some until it looked like a good amount)
2 tomatoes, diced
olive oil
garlic (I can't tell you how much I used...lets just say alot!)
salt and pepper
So, while the water is reaching a boil, cut up your chicken, onion and tomatoes. Combine this in a large bowl with some basil, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook the pasta until done (while this is happening keep the kids and yourself away from eating the chicken mixture because dang it is GOOD!). Add to the large bowl and drizzle with a tiny bit more olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a salad on the side. Hello, was that easy or what?? Oh, also, Ainsley added olives to hers. Parmesan would be good too, but I didn't have any.
PS-It is the dehydrated basil, not dry. Lighthouse makes one and they sell it in the produce department above the mushrooms. Feel free to use fresh....I just always keep the dehydrated stuff so it doesn't go bad on me!

3 comments:

darcie said...

This looks so yummy! I'm definitely going to have to try this! Love your blog!

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

Just reposting this after editing my profile. Once again - that looks good - I love anything with basil!!