Sunday, October 26, 2008



Okay, so this may not be very interesting to some of you, but I'm sharing anyways. When the kids beg me to make cookies and I finally give in to their whines, I always double or even triple the batch. I then scoop the entire batch out (yes, we use a small ice cream scoop), place it on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and then freeze them. Put them in a ziploc bag and the next time the kids want cookies, all you have to do is fire up the oven, plop them on a cookie sheet and bake them for about 2 minutes longer than you normally do!
(as you may have also guessed....Ainsley eats them frozen from the freezer!!!)

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 packages instant vanilla pudding
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 c. flour
4-5 c. chocolate chips

Bake 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.....remember they bake while they are on the sheet cooling!

2 comments:

Canadaland said...

I do this every time I bake cookies. I do it for me, though. Because my favorite dessert is fresh baked cookies with a glass of cold milk. And I like to eat them from the freezer, too. So so good. I'll have to try your recipe. I'm always looking for a great choco chip recipe. I miss you....when are you going to come to my blog and comment? : )

Love
Emily

Sharon said...

I'm afraid I would eat all the frozen blobs before the next time my kids asked me for cookies, but it is a good idea. I take it you have already doubled/tripled the ingredients? Or do I need to plan on having 15 cups of chocolate chips?