Tuesday, April 15, 2008

French Toast


So, maybe it's the Scottish in me but I couldn't bring myself to throw out the leftover evaporated milk I used to make the meatballs. I always put those type of things into the fridge and then find it weeks later and THEN throw it out...I always have the intention of using it. For some strange reason I was thinking of this and struggling with the decision of throwing it out now, when I had a brainstorm - use it in some french toast. It was yummy and I even wrote down the amounts I use...don't we all just dump in the eggs and milk until it looks right???


My French Toast
4 eggs
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1/2 c. milk
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla

Mix together and dip bread into it. Fry in a pan that you have added equal amounts oil and butter. Enjoy.

No comments: