Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pizza

My kids all like different kinds of pizza. SHOCKED??? Me too, so we make our own individual pizzas and everybody is happy and mom doesn't hear protests of what they don't like on their dinner. I buy the big mother blocks of mozzarella cheese and then grate it with the help of my handy dandy food processor and freeze it in big Ziplocs so I always have it on hand (I also find the cheese aspect the most expensive part of homemade pizza, so this helps me out). I also short cut it with Pilsbury pizza crust and cut it up into smaller individual ones for the kiddies.


Kid Made Pizza

2 rolls of Pilsbury Pizza dough, cut into individual pieces
pizza sauce
cheese (what ever kind you like)
toppings your kids enjoy (my always includes olives, I know Ainsley is weird for 5 :).....mine include ham, onions, peppers, pineapple, etc

Cut up all the toppings and put in a muffin tin or bowls, whatever you want. Call the kids and put them to work making their dinner. Bake according to directions. I promise you won't hear any complaints!

This is one of my "back-up" meals. I always have 2 of the pizza doughs in the fridge because they have a good expiry date on them. I try to always have on hand: pizza sauce (buy the one in the squeeze bottle for easy storage), a can of pineapple, I always have ham for lunches (I buy the kind in the containers that is also sealed in the meat dept...so it doesn't go bad) and I already talked about the cheese.

3 comments:

ValMugg said...

ha ha, did you know that I had no idea you could freeze cheese? I usually buy the pre-shredded stuff, but your right - its pricey! I'm gonna try your way; how long does it stay good for in the freezer?

Carey said...

I'm not exactly sure how long, but I've had mine in the freezer for several months without any problems. I will warn you that sometimes you have to bang it on the counter to break it up if it's clumpy.

darcie said...

You are such an organized chef, Carey! I bet my family wishes that I would get with it and have good meals every night! These pizzas look so yummy, I'm going to have to try them this weekend!