Saturday, April 5, 2008

This one's for Jordana!!


I received this recipe from my fab cousin Jill many years ago and it was an instant family fave. Thanx Jillie!! I'm sharing it with everyone now because I gave it to a friend a few weeks ago, she loved it and inspired me to make it this week so I could share. I serve it with rice (obviously) and we would eat the sauce with a spoon like soup if we could!! It is fast, uses ingredients I always have on hand and the easiest clean up ever...


Jill's Chicken

2 lbs chicken (I use boneless, skinless)
1 small onion
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. chunky salsa

Arrange chicken in a casserole dish. Chop up onion and mix with ketchup, sugar and salsa. Pour over top of chicken and bake uncovered at 375 for 45-50 minutes.

3 comments:

darcie said...

We also looooovvve Jill's chicken recipe and my kids are very picky! Your's is so artfully arranged and belongs on Food Network! Love you!

heidizinha said...

jayson keeps telling me of a recipe like this--barbecue sauce and salsa. it sounds so gross to me, but i better take everyones word for it!

Jill L said...

Oh, I can't take the credit for it. It's from a Recipe Book called, "Life's on Fire, Cooking for the Rushed" that is a great book if you ever need some fast, spicy ideas.

I'm flattered that you called it mine, and that you posted it on your blog. I love looking at your pictures; they make me hungry....