Sunday, April 20, 2008

The weather outside....

We are getting dumped on up here in Alberta. The snow is coming down so what will make me feel better??? The one thing that I consider my comfort food....it so reminds me of being a kid. It has the hot and cold element that I my soul so craves. Lucky for me we had some ice cream in the freezer!

Brownie Pudding
1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 T cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. milk
2 T. oil
1 tsp vanilla

Pudding:
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 3/4 c. hot water

Mix the dry ingredients together. In seperate bowl combine the milk, oil and vanilla. Mix into the dry ingredients and spread into a sprayed 8x8 cake pan. Mix the pudding ingredients together and pour over top. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let sit for 10 -15 minutes to let the pudding thicken. Serve with ice cream. Don't ask me how the pudding ends up on the bottom and the cake on the top.....it's magic!!

3 comments:

heidizinha said...

i just want to curl up into the bowl with that brownie pudding.

heidizinha said...

you better give us some new recipes quick! i've had to make this for dinner every night since you haven't posted anything new, and its showing on my hips!

just kidding, i just wanted you know that we've missed you.

Sharon said...

mmmmm...just served this with dinner tonight when we had company over...delicious!