Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Banana Sushi


This is probably to most asked for treat at our house. I thought this recipe up a few months ago and I should have bought stock in bananas right after! The kids love it and it is so easy to make. Oh, and make sure you have at least one banana per kid unless you want to be a referee.


Banana Sushi
4 bananas
about 1/2 c. smooth peanut butter (you can use chunky if your in a crunch! teehee I'm so funny!)
about 1 c. rice crispies

While you are slicing up the bananas put the PB in the microwave for about 40 seconds to heat up. Put the rice crispies in a ziploc and give a kid the opportunity to take out some aggression with a measuring cup or big spoon (crush them up a bit). Using a fork dip the bananas into the PB and then into the rice crispies. Serve and watch all your hard work be inhaled.

4 comments:

Saige said...

These look so delish.... can't wait to try these with the kids tonight... yeah. I love this site!!

ValMugg said...

Hey Carey - I tried these with the vannilla rice cripies yesterday and it was a hit. My only question is how the heck did you get the ones in your picture to look so neat? Mine looked like I tarred and feathered the bananas in the rice crispies!

Carey said...

Talent my dear...all talent!! Just kidding. The vanilla crispies are so yummy aren't they???

Unknown said...

Carey my children loved this!!!!
Thanks.