Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Herbed Pork Medallions

These were dinner tonight and I actually had to stop the kids from eating or else Craig was going to have to eat cereal when he got home from work!
I mix up the seasoning and keep it in the pantry. It is also very good made with chicken.


Herbed Pork Medallions

1 1/2 lbs. boneless pork chops

2 T. melted butter combine with
1/4 t. garlic powder

1/2 t. each of salt, thyme, paprika combine with
1/8 t. of black pepper and also cayenne pepper

1/4 c. liquid honey

Pound pork chops out until thin. Brush top side with melted butter and garlic. Sprinkle with seasonings. Broil for 5 minutes on top rack. Turn and brush with garlic butter and sprinkle with seasonings. Broil for another 5 minutes. Brush with honey and broil 1-2 minutes until browned.

7 comments:

heidizinha said...

so, where did you learn to be such an amazing cook?

Sharon said...

Hey Carey, just making my shopping list for today and had to come get a list of ingredients from you. The only problem is I don't know which recipe to choose first! I want to go with the pilsbury nutella concoctions, but something tells me I should choose a healthier alternative for the main course!

ps - I was on my friend Amelia's blog and she also has a link to Maurita. I thought "how many Maurita's can there be???" Amazing how small the world is.

Carey said...

You are sweet Heidi! I always say though you are only as good as your recipe!

It is a small world! Maurita is the one that talked me into doing the blog. She is amazing so I'm not too surprised that she's a link on someone else's!!

heidizinha said...

carey, how did you create your banner? it looks amazing!

Saige said...

These look so good. I can't wait to try them. I am starving just looking at em. If it wasn't midnight I'd run to SAFEWAY to stock up for a feast. Tomorrow perhaps. YUM.

Whats for supper tomorrow??

Carey said...

Heidi I wish that I could say that I did it, but my amazing talented girlfriend Maurita did it. Isn't she FABULOUS!!!???? She does the most amazing baby announcements and invitations....she's got talent.

darcie said...

Carey--I made these pork chops on Saturday and they were a huge hit! Everybody loved them and they were really easy to make! Just had to tell you how delicious our dinner was thanks to you! Definitely a recipe to hang onto! Love you!