Thursday, March 13, 2008

Roasted Veggies and Sausages

This was dinner on Saturday night and Patrick requested it AGAIN on Tuesday! It was obviously a hit. I will warn you that with this recipe I freeze some into lunches for Craig to take to work so you really probably should half the recipe depending on your family size and appetites!

2 - 1 lb. pkgs. Italian sausage (I used Johnsonville fresh basil and also mild)
1 - 2 lb. bag of mini baby potatoes (can also used sliced up potatoes but I was lazy today!!!)
4-5 celery stalks, sliced
7-8 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 red peppers, sliced
1/2 brown bag of mushrooms, halved

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray your largest cookie sheet with Pam and dump the potatoes into it. Add the remaining veggies and season with salt and pepper. Slice the sausages in half and scatter on top of the veggies. Roast for about 1 1/2 hours turning the sausages 1/2 way through.


If you use the smaller breakfast size sausages don't put them in the oven until 45 minutes into the cooking since they will cook way faster. The ones I used tonight were still alittle bit frozen but if they were done before the vegetables just take them out and keep them warm in some foil.

You really can use any veggies that your family likes. I was going to use squash tonight too but I was really running out of room - it gets pretty piled up on the cookie sheet. I enjoy the ease of one pan, one knife and a cutting board to clean up!

1 comment:

Louise said...

That looks tasty!! We have done roasted vegetables but haven't added the sausage - I'm sure it adds a lot of flavour.