Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chicken Nuggets for Dinner!!





Okay Maurita....here goes! Last night a wonderful friend and I (yes it was Maurita ) had a great night out scrapping. Afterward we headed to BP's (that's Boston Pizza for my sister who I know will ask me what that stood for) and we had a wonderful little dish called Thai Chicken Bites....they were oh so yummy that we almost licked the plate. Today I was out shopping and had a craving hit. I'm going to make me some of those little thai bites. I picked up some "pub style chicken strips" and headed home to try it out for dinner. I made up dinner for me and the kids (then snapped a picture of course), called them to eat telling them that if they wanted something different they could have some apple sauce or something premade and easy. Surprise, surprise they all grabbed the plate that was calling their name and off they went. Patrick asked me how I thought up this recipe.....do I tell my kid I stole it??? I took the medium road and just avoided the question by asking him if he liked it. They all did love it. Ainsley made some modifications as you can see but she told me we needed to tell everyone about it as their kids will love it.....did I mention they all ate the carrots in it???? The only change I need to make - BIGGER plates. I spent alot of time refilling their plates but I'm hoping that it will count as a work out!


Thai Bites
1 box chicken strips
Thai sweet chili sauce
steam fried noodles
grated carrot
sliced green onion

Bake the strips and cut up. Put on top of uncooked noodles and garnish accordingly. Did I mention how fast and easy this thing is??????

1 comment:

Saige said...

Yeah, the first to leave praise on your comments. OK-- the photos look great; exactly like those little thai bites, & lets be honest I was the one LICKING the plate clean (you are way more refined).

This is fantastic. Can't wait to see what's for supper tomorrow!!